1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small data files which are received in the terminal from the visited website and are used to register certain interactions of the browsing in a website, they collect data that will be able to be updated and recovered. These files will be stored in the computer of the user and contain anonymous data which is in no way damaging to the user’s computer. They are used to remember the user’s preferences, such as the selected language, access data or page personalisation.
Cookies can also be used to register anonymous information regarding how a visitor uses a site. For example, from which website they have gained access or if they have accessed the site through an add
- Google ANALYTICS cookie: Google ANALYTICS is a free service offered by Google Inc. which collects information regarding the pages of the visited website: what time, what browser was used, etc. Later, this information is sent to the servers of Google Inc. in the United States.
- "Add-this" application cookies: Add-this is a free service which allows to share pages of this website through several means (email, social media, etc.). Add-this collects statistic information of its browsing so as to provide adverts which are adapted to the user’s browsing habits in this or any other websites.
3. WHAT USE DO WE GIVE TO THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES?
According to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: technical cookies are the essential and strictly necessary ones so that the website functions correctly and that the use of the different options and services it offers are guaranteed. For example, the ones which serve the purpose of session maintenance, management of reaction time, performance or validation of options, security, sharing content on social media and so on.
- Personalisation cookies: these cookies allow the user to specify or customise some characteristics of the main options of the website such as the language, regional setting or type of browser.
- Analytical cookies: these cookies are used by our website so as to elaborate browsing profiles and know the users’ preferences with the aim of improving the offer of products and services. For example, through an analytical cookie, the geographical areas of more interest to the user would be monitored as well as what the best product to offer is, etc.
- Advertising cookies: these cookies allow the management of advertising spaces according to specific criteria. For example, the frequency of access, the edited content, etc. Advertising cookies allow, thanks to management of adverts, to collect information about the users’ behaviour with the aim of offering adverts which are related to the interests in their profile.
According to time:
- Session cookies: these are the cookies which last for as long as the user is browsing the website and are deleted after that.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies are stored in the user’s terminal for a longer period of time so as to facilitate the management of chosen preferences without having to repeat certain parameters every time the user visits the website.
4. WHAT IF I DON’T WANT TO ACCEPT THIS COOKIES OR IF I DON’T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT?
Please bear in mind that if you reject or delete the browsing cookies through the web the following will ensue: we will not be able to keep your preferences, some characteristics of the websites may not be operative anymore, we will not offer you personalised services and we will need to ask for your authorisation to use the cookies every time you browse through our website.
If, regardless of what was mentioned above, you decide to modify your access configuration to the website, you have to know that it is possible to eliminate the cookies or to avoid information from being registered in your computer any time by modifying your browsing configuration parameters:
- Cookie settings on Internet Explorer.
- Cookie settings on Firefox.
- Cookie settings on Google Chrome.
- Cookie settings on Safari.
These browsers are subjected to changes or modifications and for this reason we can’t guarantee that they adjust completely to your browser’s version. It could also be the case that you are using a different browser such as Konqueror, Arora, Flock, etc. To avoid these mismatches, you can access your preferences directly from your browser’s options, which is generally in the Options menu, in the “Privacy” section. Please, refer to the help section in your browser for more information.
5. WHERE CAN I OBTAIN MORE INFORMATION?
You can find more information about cookies at: